Blogging fun since 4th May 2001!

Blogging fun since 4th May 2001
"This diary is my kief, hashish, and opium pipe. This is my drug and my vice."

Thursday, January 12, 2012

+travel+ I'm coming home, I've done my time.

Blurry, home!

My suitcase is bursting with FOUR huge Kueh Lapis or Lapis Legit as it is known in Indonesia. (I'll post a better photo soon.)

Countless layers of buttery baked goodness, stacked together lovingly to form a perfect rich, vanilla sweet special occasion cake.

This cake was brought by the Dutch to Indonesia almost a century ago. The Japanese have their own version, brought to them by the Portuguese. All similar, yet slightly different. All good!

Lapis Legit from Mandarin Oriental, @375,000 IDR each.

Ah, Mandarin Oriental, I am such a fan.

The cake's the best, I tell ya, the best!

That's how heavy my check-in suitcase is.

No comments: